PRINCIPLE INVESTIGATOR of NATIONAL CENTRE FOR PHOTOVOLTAIC RESEARCH AND EDUCATION
2nd Edition of Solar Photovoltaics:Fundamentals, Technologies and Applications,Published-2011
Series of Short term course on Solar PV -Year 2011-12
Dr. Chetan Singh Solanki is currently Associate Professor in Department of Energy Science and Engineering at Indian Institute of Technology Bombay (IITB) India. He received his doctoral degree from IMEC (Interuniversity Micro-electronics Center), Ketholik University, Leuven, Belgium in 2004. His research areas of interest are Si-nanostructures for PV applications, thin film Si solar cell, concentrated PV systems, carbon nanotubes etc. Currently he is working on projects sponsored by Applied Materials, MCIT, MNRE and DSIR. He is recipient of EMRS (European Material Research Society) young scientist award, UGC scholarship during his post graduate and doctoral studies.
He has guided several post graduate students. There Ph.D. students currently working under his supervision. He delivered several invited talks and special lecture series on solar PV at both international and national level.
Ph.D. : 2004
· Awarded for "Young Investigator Award" at IIT Bombay for 2009.
· 2009 Certificate of apprecation for particpating in Essay category in NKC Online Contest by National Knowledge Commission.
· 2009 Certificate of appreciation for participating in Film category in NKC Online Contest by National Knowledge Commission.
· 2009: Best poster award in 18th PV Science and Engineering (PVSEC) conference for paper titled as Electrical Characterization Of Si-Qd/ SiNx Multilayer
Prepared Using HWCVD in the category of Photovoltaic with nano-composites and other new concepts.
· 2008 :2nd best poster award, titled in Nanosized Si particle with Porous Si film using ultrasonication, NCETPEGU, IIT Kanpur.
· 2003: Young Scientist Award from European Material Research Society (EMRS),France.
· 2002: 2nd best talk award at the 3rd International conference on Porous Semiconductors Science and Technology, Spain.
· 1999 - 2004: Scholarship for doctoral study from Katholieke University Leuven, Belgium
· 1997 - 1999: Scholarship for postgraduate study from Union Grant Commission, India.